Sixteen million Americans have diabetes and there are more than 600,000 new cases diagnosed each year. Diabetes is the leading cause of blindness, kidney disease, and amputations in America. In fact, 15% of all health care costs -- 100 billion per year -- is associated with diabetes. This indispensable guide features all the latest developments associated with this condition, so that diabetics are able to stay in control of their lives. Sufferers get the inside scoop on:
* The major types of diabetes and how they are diagnosed
* The various treatment options available today, including blood sugar monitoring, diet therapy, insulin use and oral medication
* Alternative approaches and new drugs on the market: Is there really a substitute for insulin?
* Groundbreaking news in diabetes research, including new forms of insulin, advanced glucose monitoring, refined insulin pumps, and genetic medicine
* The Pancreas Transplant: Is it a cure?
* Lifestyle choices that promote good health, including eating wisely and exercising
* Living with diabetes and coping with special issues such as fertility and pregnancy, work-related issues, and psychological challenges.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: New. FAST SHIPPING & FREE TRACKING! 100% Money Back Guaranteed. The pages of this book are clean and unmarked. There is very little shelf wear. The spine remains free of creasing. Bookseller Inventory # 145636
Book Description Wiley, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0028629191
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800286291931.0
Book Description Wiley, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0028629191