This edition has been updated to reflect the upheavals facing nursing today. It includes useful information about nursing options and opportunities. The book highlights the issues facing nursing practitioners in a positive and realistic light. Other features include: the latest information on the ethical dilemmas facing nurses today; new examples of legal cases which illustrate nurses' responsibility in patient care; and provides predictions on the future of health care, nursing eduction and patient rights. Students learn how to integrate nursing ideals and concepts into daily practice.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Get a closeup on the profession from internationally recognized nursing educators and a former president of the American Nurses Association.
* The ideal text for discovering professional and educational opportunities in nursing
* Perfect for students who want up-to-date information on nursing trends and issues
* Inside--essential coverage of the changing roles of nurses in managed care and institutional settings, the options within nursing, and special help with finding the right fit for you--and growth--within the profession
The best text for seeing nursing whole, The Nursing Experience features:
* Web links with every chapter
* Learning-enhancing tools, including study questions, in all chapters
* Unique coverage of job rewards, career management, and other ways to get ahead in nursing
* Information on getting licensed, nursing ethics, and the law
* Specialty opportunities and professional upgrades, such as retraining and continuing education
* Practical guidance on resources that can help your career, including publications and organizations
* 50 inspiring briefs on "nurses who made a difference"
Lucille Joel, EdD, RN, FAAN is a Professor in the College of Nursing at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey in Newark, NJ.
Lucy Young Kelly, PhD, RN, FAAN is Professor Emeritus at Columbia University, New York, NY.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Mcgraw-Hill (Tx), 1996. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 3nd. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071054839
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800710548361.0