The busy healthcare practitioner's first reference for timely, accurate, and relevant drug information. Alphabetically organized by generic name (with trade names cross-referenced) and presented in an at-a-glance drug chart format. All entries are reviewed by an editorial advisory board of academic an clinical authorities.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Your first choice for timely, accurate, and essential drug information.
Get authoritative drug prescription information quickly and efficiently from the reference that physicians turn to first. Portable and concise, the CLINICIAN'S HANDBOOK OF PRESCRIPTION DRUGS highlights all clinically important aspects of drug prescribing as well as tips needed to heal and protect patients--the kind of material the busy physician and other health practitioners need day in and day out.
The CLINICIAN'S HANDBOOK OF PRESCRIPTION DRUGS is alphabetically organized by generic name (with trade names cross-referenced), and is presented in an easy-to-read, at a glance format. Look up any drug and locate:
* Dosage guidance, including initial, maintenance, and maximal doses
* Dosage adjustments for special patient categories, e.g., those with kidney or liver disease, elderly, and children
* All approved indications
* Key warnings and precautions for avoiding adverse reactions with administration tips that are unique to this book
* "Advice to Patients" concerning potential problems when taking the drug--and how to present them--including food restriction, alcohol, driving, OTC products, photosensitivity, orthostatis hypotention, constipation, dry mouth, etc.
* Key patient monitoring information for assessing possible adverse reactions
* Guidelines for pregnancy and lactation, with vital advice from the American Academy of Pediatrics
* Editorial comments highlighting important or unique features of the drug that do not fit into any of the above categories
* Susceptible organisms
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # SONG0071343857
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110071343857