This core textbook for the respiratory pharmacology course presents pharmacological principles applied to respiratory care. Features include chapter objectives, worked dosage problems, and review questions (and answers) for each chapter. The work integrates paediatric considerations throughout and includes a chapter on paediatric pharmacology. An appendix table of drugs commonly used in respiratory care is included. An instructor's manual with dosage problems and test questions is provided.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
So thorough it is virtually indispensable, this comprehensive text covers what respiratory therapists need to know, from pharmacology basics to alternative medicines.
* The best text for complete, up-to-date understanding of drug principles, treatments, and actions in respiratory patients of all conditions and ages
* Ideal for students who want clear, definitive information on every aspect of the role or medications in respiratory care
* Inside: essential core coverage of pharmacology in respiratory therapy, with page after page of useful information on drug actions, dosage determination, side effects, and other significant considerations that respiratory therapists need to know
The best tool for mastering pharmacology role in respiratory therapy, this comprehensive, authoritative, and up-to-date text features:
* Intensive core coverage of pharmacology in respiratory therapy
* Essential information on drugs used to treat breathing disorders
* Up-to-date coverage of drugs with side effects on respiration, including antiviral agents, protein and cell wall synthesis inhibitors, narcotics, antipsychotics, chemotherapeutics, and many others
* Unique coverage of pediatric considerations throughout
* Only respiratory pharmacology text with a complete chapter on mechanical ventilation
* Practical coverage of herbal remedies and therapies
* Previews of investigational drugs and the respiratory pharmacology of the future
* Enhanced learning tools, including chapter objectives, worked dosing problems, test-yourself Q & A's in each chapter, and 170 illustrations
* Handy appendix of common drugs for respiratory care
* Expert educator/authors known throughout the profession
Stuart R. Levine, PharmD Director of Pharmacy Services N. duPont Hospital for Children Wilmington, DE Arthur McLaughlin, MS, CRRT Dover, DE
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill, 2001. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071347275
Book Description US Mcgraw-Hill Inc., 2001. Gebundene Ausgabe. Book Condition: Neu. Gebraucht - Sehr gut Restauflage, Lagerspuren am Einband, ungelesen, sehr guter Zustand - 0 pp. Englisch. Bookseller Inventory # INF1000342551
Book Description McGraw-Hill, 2001. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071347275
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800713472731.0
Book Description The McGraw-Hill Company. Book Condition: New. pp. 399. Bookseller Inventory # 7358416