Written by acknowledged specialists from many countries, and based on down-to-earth clinical experience, this consensus of current practice offers a truly global perspective on this vital discipline. The authors and editors have sifted through the mass of current information to present the essential innovations in the field, including many recent advances in sciences allied to anesthesia.
The book touches on the widening role of the pediatric anesthetist as many techniques, previously undertaken by surgical specialists are now performed by anesthesiologists in their role as intensivists, emergency practitioners, and proponents of innovative life-support techniques.
Highlights of this superb new guide:
* A quick-access alphabetized section with a background and critical procedures for every pediatric acute syndrome encountered worldwide
* Co-authored by an anesthesiologist and a surgeon
* Chapter authors include surgeons, pediatricians, radiologists, cardiologists and dentists more than 60 in all to foster a better understanding between an anesthesiologist and his or her medical colleagues
* Addresses the difficulties and dangers as perceived by the surgeon and other operators in relation to specialized fields, including case management in the postoperative period
* Includes important sections on emergency anesthesia in satellite/remote locations and acute/life threatening complications
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Bruno Bissonnette, MD Department of Anesthesia Faculty of Medicine University of Toronto Toronto, Ontario, Canada
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2001. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1st. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071354549
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2001. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071354549