* Provides instant access to more than 1100 architectural equations
* No math menus and shortcuts allow any building element to be sized quickly and accurately
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Here is an extremely portable reference that offers all you need to know to design buildings that “work” successfully.
Small enough to slip into a pocket, this volume’s 512 pages are packed with:
* 420 architectural engineering design scenarios
* 1300 algebraic formulas
* 125 ink drawings and graphs
* 130 tables and schedules
* a pint-sized Bible that enables you to make those spur-of-the-moment decisions in the office, on the site, with a client, or with a contractor that so often divide those who truly know what they are doing from those who think they know.
Whether your architectural concerns are STRUCTURAL, CLIMATE CONTROL, PLUMBING, ELECTRICAL, ILLUMINATION, ACOUSTICS, or GENERAL DESIGN, this distillation of many larger volumes of architectural engineering science will lay the foundation for the design of any building—from shed to skyscraper anywhere in the world—that will satisfy designer and client alike. The book is a beautiful, entertaining, enjoyable, and practical reference.About the Author:
Robert Brown Butler is a registered architect and widely respected author. Mr. Butler has more than 40 years' experience in architecture, which includes a degree from Cornell (1964), 14 years’ experience in construction, and many years in architectural offices in Georgia, California, Colorado, and New York. This is Mr. Butler’s fifth book for McGraw-Hill.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071370366
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071370366
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0071370366 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW4.0026603