The experts predict that the opening of broadcast Internet connections and 3G wireless capabilities will drive the adoption of streaming media to 75 per cent of all broadcasting and e-commerce firms by the end of 2003. Author Mark Topic offers the fast, reliable, and painless way to get the lowdown on the streaming video over the Internet (both wired and wireless) - he thoroughly examines the technologies, protocols, and business models on this next giant happening in the world of video and telecom. It includes Internet protocols for delivering streaming media, and audio and video compression schemes. It covers MPEG-4 and MPEG-7, discusses digital rights management, and details Metadata.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
* New Standards, Schemes, Protocols
* Implementation Musts
* MPEG-4, MPEG-7
With uncommon skill, Michael Topic's excellent guide takes you inside today's essential killer app. More than just an implementation guide--though it certainly is that, packed with needed data on the latest formats and standards--Streaming Media Demystified offers a complete picture of the application that will soon threaten television's dominance as the primary transmitter of video.
YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK IF--
* You want to be on top of the critical application that brings seamless interactive video and audio to the Internet
* Glitchless, seamless, and almost effortless streaming media over both wire and wireless 3G sounds good to you
* You're an executive at any firm with a stake in the Web or in broadcasting
* You wish to know everything about the application that will drive the success or failure of broadband
* You want to master the compression techniques and IP trafficking methods that make streaming media go
* You need a ready source of data on formats, technologies, and how to make them work
* You'd like to preview the impact of an application expected to be used by 75% of broadcasting and e-commerce firms by 2003
* You invest money or time in any firm involved with communications, entertainment, or digital technology
* You want a thoughtful, expert analysis of markets, audiences, appliances--who they are, what they will watch, and what they'll watch it on
* You're ceaselessly curious about hot applications in the digital revolution
In Streaming Media Demystified you find:
* Content delivery techniques
* Interactive multimedia
* Video and audio compression
* Metadata and MPEG-7
* Digital rights management and MPEG-21
With future potential bigger than television, streaming video over the Internet is the essential application for broadband and 3G. This book takes you inside a billion-dollar technology.About the Author:
Michael Topic is a professional innovator and product design engineer, running his own consultancy, Imaginative Engineering Ltd. Originally trained in electrical, electronic, and computer engineering, in his native Australia, he now lives in the UK, with a cat, a family, and a large collection of electric guitars. Michael has spent 18 years creating digital media tools for creative and demanding customers. During his career, Michael has lead design teams creating Internet streaming media encoders, audio and video nonlinear editing systems, synthesizers, and music sequencers.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 007138877X
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX007138877X
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P11007138877X
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800713887711.0