The gold standard text for the therapeutics course mandatory in pharmacy schools. Now in its sixth edition, this classic text continues its long-standing tradition of offering unparalleled guidance in the development of pharmaceutical care plans. The book provides a unique process of thinking about pharmacotherapy the process which uses evidence-based approaches to the drug treatment of diseases.
*FREE Online Resource Center for professors and students - study materials, web chapters, questions and answers, and updates
*NEW Key Concepts begin each chapter
*Excellent use of algorithms, tables, and charts – provides clear recommendations
*“Clinical Controversies” in the treatment sections of disease-oriented chapters
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Joseph T. DiPiro, PharmD, FCCP
Robert L. Talbert, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS
Gary C. Yee, PharmD, FCCP
Gary R. Matzke, PharmD, FCP, FCCP
Barbara G. Wells, PharmD, FASHP, FCCP, BCPP
L. Michael Posey, BS Pharm
"The best pharmacotherapy textbook available.”
—Annals of Pharmacotherapy on an earlier edition
Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach is the authority on evidence-based drug treatment. The gold standard in pharmacotherapy for fifteen years, it is an essential text in most schools of pharmacy and in the education of other healthcare professionals, and a trusted resource in practice.
IN THE SIXTH EDITION:
• NEW Key Concepts with Locator Icons—Use the Key Concepts to see what is most important, and use the Locator Icons to quickly locate the discussion of each important concept within the chapter.
• NEW Clinical Controversies show that the understanding of drug therapeutics is evolving and that there is not always a definitive consensus.
• NEW chapter on The Documentation of Pharmacy Services explains how to document pharmaceutical care in a systematic way and its importance in obtaining reimbursement and in communicating with other health professionals.
• NEW chapter consolidating coverage of Solid-Organ Transplantation
• NEW expanded coverage of dermatological conditions: separate chapters on Acne Vulgaris and Psoriasis; new chapter on Atopic Dermatitis
• NEW chapter on Dermatologic Drug Reactions and Self-Treatable Skin Disorders guides you through the likely causes of a particular skin problem and provides what you need to know about the initiation and monitoring of therapy.
• NEW section of color photographs helps to identify common skin problems.
• NEW format of clinical presentation information is more accessible and user-friendly.
• NEW Glossary
AVAILABLE TO PURCHASERS OF THE BOOK
• The Online Resource Center for Students and Faculty Includes—Learning Objectives, Interactive Test Questions for Self-Assessment, and more.
• Online Drug Update Newsletter-PNN Pharmacotherapy Line edited by Michael Posey. This newsletter keeps you updated on the latest drug developments.
Fully searchable e-book version of the entire textbook in an instant download to your computer.
Schwinghammer, PHARMACOTHERAPY CASEBOOK, Sixth Edition
Featuring over 140 cases, this essential guide develops skills in problem analysis and decision making, and demonstrates the relevance and importance of a sound scientific foundation for pharmacy practice.
SAVE $20.00 WHEN YOU PURCHASE THE TEXTBOOK/STUDY GUIDE VALUE PACK! (ISBN 0-07-144791-1)
Coming this fall
Wells, DiPiro, Schwinghammer & Hamilton, PHARMACOTHERAPY HANDOOK, Sixth Edition Print and PDA
This handy reference provides quick information to drug selection and management for more than 85 of the most common disorders.
About the Author:
Joseph T. DiPiro, PharmD, FCCP Professor and Executive Dean, South Carolina College of Pharmacy, The University of South Carolina and the Medical University of South Carolina
Robert L. Talbert, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS, Professor of Pharmacy, University of Texas at Austin and Professor of Medicine and Pharmacology at University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio at Austin
Gary C. Yee, PharmD, FCCP, Professor & Chair of Pharmacy Practice, University of Nebraska, Omaha
Gary R. Matzke, PharmD, FCP, FCCP, Professor and Vice-chair Dept. of Pharmacy and Therapeutics, University of Pittsburgh
Barbara G. Wells, PharmD, FASHP, FCCP, BCPP, Dean, University of Mississippi
L. Michael Posey, BS Pharm, President, PENS Pharmacy Editorial and News Service
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Medical, 2005. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110071416137
Book Description McGraw-Hill Medical, 2005. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 6. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071416137
Book Description Mcgraw-Hill, 2005. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 6Th Edition . Book Is New . Comes With Compnion Volume : Pharmacotherapy Casebook. Bx 1365. Extra Us Shipping . Extra Foreign Shipping. Bookseller Inventory # 90369
Book Description McGraw-Hill Medical. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0071416137 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW4.0027160
Book Description McGraw-Hill Medical, 2005. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0071416137
Book Description McGraw-Hill, 2005. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 6th edition. 2802 pages. 11.00x8.75x3.00 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0071416137
Book Description The McGraw-Hill Company. Book Condition: New. pp. 2802. Bookseller Inventory # 7630819
Book Description McGraw-Hill Medical, 2005. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071416137