Authored by the most respected clinicians and researchers in the field, THE METABOLIC AND MOLECULAR BASES OF INHERITED DISEASE, 8th Edition, is the undisputed authority on genetic inheritance. In its pages, you can explore what is currently known about every inherited disease known to exist. Here you can review genetic perspectives, basic concepts, how inherited diseases occur, diagnostic approaches, and the effects of hormones. You can research specific syndromes, or read about specific body systems affected by disease. No other reference even comes close to its authority and comprehensive scope!
* More than 50% totally new text and topics, with the remaining text totally written or updated to include the latest advances
* Expanded coverage of cancer - from six chapters to more than three dozen - advances your knowledge of this explosive disease state and cancer genetics
* New chapter on history of the inborn errors of metabolism
* New chapter on the impact of inherited disease on health
* New chapter on inherited diseases' response to treatment
* New chapters relating to newly cloned genes
* New insight on genetics' contribution to the understanding of complex traits and birth defects
* Expanded coverage of neurogenetics
* New information on comparative genomics and its relationship to the genome projects
* New sections and chapters on disorders of human somatic development
* Useful algorithms for diagnosing disorders of mitochondrial function and of mendelianclinical phenotypes
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
McGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their fields and are dedicated to improving the lives, careers, and interests of readers worldwide
Kenneth W. Kinzler, PhD, Professor of Oncology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
Bert Vogelstein, MD, Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Clayton Professor of Oncology and Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2000. Book Condition: Good. 8th. N/A. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Bookseller Inventory # GRP90579410
Book Description Book Condition: Good. The Metabolic and Molecular Bases of Inherited Disease, 4 volume set. Bookseller Inventory # Grb0057329
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional 2000-12-15, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: good. 8th. 0079130356. Bookseller Inventory # 675106