Duct layout, sizing and pressure drop calculations are a core competency in the design of air-conditioning systems. When laying out an air system for a multi-room space, engineers must be able to calculate the total cfm of the space, the associated pressure drop, and then use this information to help guide the types, size and layout of the ducts and fittings.
By completing this Learning Burst you will:
* Learn the components used in layouts
* Recognize various considerations in selecting and laying out ducts for an air system, especially pressure drop calculation
* Observe the effects of inefficient layouts on total first-cost
* Identify the sources of faults in a poorly designed duct system
A Learning Burst can be completed in as little as 30-45 minutes to provide a convenient boost to your knowledge. However, each module has enough depth to allow for several hours of interactive learning. You will be able to access this module for 3 months from your first use.
This Learning Burst is in Inch-Pound units. SI version will follow in Summer 2006.
Within 48 hours of placing your order you will be sent a confirmation / receipt email by Elsevier Customer Services. This will include your access code and full instructions on how to immediately access this Learning Burst.
For corporate or multi-user purchases or enquiries please contact email@example.com
* Instant access to quality online training from the ASHRAE Learning Institute
* Learning Bursts provide skills-based training to develop knowledge of HVAC system design, strengthen troubleshooting skills, and develop system-based thinking
* An interactive exercise that provides experience of duct design to allow you to experiment before going out in the field
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want