The finite element method (FEM) is an analysis tool for problem-solving used throughout applied mathematics, engineering, and scientific computing. Finite Elements for Analysis and Design provides a thoroughlyrevised and up-to-date account of this important tool and its numerous applications, with added emphasis on basic theory. Numerous worked examples are included to illustrate the material.
* Akin clearly explains the FEM, a numerical analysis tool for problem-solving throughout applied mathematics, engineering and scientific computing
* Basic theory has been added in the book, including worked examples to enable students to understand the concepts
* Contains coverage of computational topics, including worked examples to enable students to understand concepts
* Improved coverage of sensitivity analysis and computational fluid dynamics
* Uses example applications to increase students' understanding
* Includes a disk with the FORTRAN source for the programs cided in the text
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This book works on the premise that it is difficult to understand the theory of finite element analysis techniques until they can be successfully implemented in a computer program. Thus, this text includes computational procedures as well as basic theory and its mathematical foundationsm and several example applications.About the Author:
By J E. Akin
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1994. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Pap/Dsk. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0120476541
Book Description Academic Press, 1994. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0120476541
Book Description Academic Press, 1994. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110120476541