Control System Design Guide, 2E will allow engineers and hobbyists to apply control theory to practical systems using your PC. This book provides an intuitive approach to controls, avoiding unnecessary math and emphasizing key concepts with more than a dozen control system models. Control System Design Guide is written for engineers and technicians that want to improve their machines and processes. Whether you are just starting to use controllers or have years of experience, Control System Design Guide will walk you through control system theory with a well-founded, clear approach that is focused on making your system work better.
* Teaches control from an intuitive approach; avoids unnecessary mathematics
* Based on virtual laboratory--key topics are demonstrated with over a dozen models of control systems
* The models are written in ModelQ, and can be run on software available free of charge via the Internet to every reader with a PC
* Goes beyond proportional-integral-differential (PID) control
* Provides detailed comparison of seven different controllers
* Explains how to model machines and processes including how to measure working equipment; describes many non-linear behaviors seen in industrial control systems
* Provides discussion of electronic motion control including details on how motors and motor feedback devices work, causes and cures mechanical resonance, and shows how position loops work
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Make machines work better with this updated edition of Control System Design Guide.About the Author:
George Ellis is Director of Technology Planning and Chief Engineer of Servo Systems at
Kollmorgen Corporation, a leading provider of motion systems and components for original
equipment manufacturers (OEMs) around the globe. He has designed an applied motion
control systems professionally for over 20 years He has written two well-respected books
with Academic Press, Observers in Control Systems and Control System Design Guide, now
in its third edition. He has contributed articles on the application of controls to numerous
magazines, including Machine Design, Control Engineering, Motion Systems Design, Power
Control and Intelligent Motion, and Electronic Design News.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # SONG0122374657
Book Description Academic Press, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110122374657
Book Description Academic Press, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0122374657
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801223746541.0
Book Description Academic Press, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 2nd. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0122374657