Dynamic meteorology is the study of those motions of the atmosphere that are associated with weather and climate. The science of dynamic meteorology continues its rapid advance, and its scope has broadened considerably. There continue to be important new developments in the analysis and prediction of extratropical synoptic-scale systems. Important progress has been made in the understanding of mesoscale storms, in tropical dynamics, in the dynamics of climate, and in the dynamics of the middle atmosphere.
An Introduction to Dynamic Meteorology, Third Edition reflects the full scope of modern dynamic meteorology, while providing a coherent presentation of the fundamentals. The text emphasizes physical principles rather than mathematical elegance.
* Presents a cogent explanation of the fundamentals of meteorology
* Explains storm dynamics for weather-oriented meteorologists
* Discusses climate dynamics and the implications posed for global change
* Features a new chapter on mesoscale dynamics
* Includes updated treatments of climate dynamics, tropical meteorology, middle atmosphere dynamics, and numerical prediction
* Instructor's manual is available
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press Inc, 1979. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 2nd. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0123543606
Book Description Academic Press Inc, 1979. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0123543606
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801235436081.0