The Rhesus Monkey Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates is the most comprehensive, detailed atlas of the monkey brain ever constructed. The first chapter, "Photographic and Diagrammatic Atlas of the Rhesus Monkey Brain," presents 151 plates illustrating the subcortex and parts of the cortex in high magnification, and 151 corresponding diagrams complementing each image. The second chapter, "Delineation of the Rhesus Monkey Cortex on the Basis of the Distribution of a Neurofilament Protein," consists of 64 fully labeled plates depicting an entire hemisphere. Jointly, the two chapters constitute the most serious morphological work ever undertaken on the monkey.
* Provides the first comprehensive delineations of cortical and subcortical structures of any primate species
* Depicts the entire brain in 151 photographs paired with 151 detailed diagrams
* Alternates sections stained for Nissl substance with sections reacted for acetylcholinesterase (AChE)
* Contains 64 fully labeled photographs of brain sections reacted with an antibody to neurofilament protein (SMI32)
* Features modern concepts of brain organization and a stereotaxic grid
* Designed to become the standard reference for databasing and PET, MRI, and electrographic studies
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Dr. Toga is a Professor of Neurology at the UCLA School of Medicine. He is also Director of the Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, which he founded and developed into one of the largest research neuroimaging centers in the world, and Co-Director of the UCLA Brain Mapping Division. With his diverse team, Dr. Toga has been responsible for a number of breakthroughs in various areas of neuroscience. He has published more than 170 papers, including chapters, textbooks, and reviews, and has received numerous honors and awards in computer science, graphics, and neuroscience. Dr. Toga holds the chairmanship of numerous committees within UCLA, NIH, and a variety of international task forces and is the founder and Co-Editor-in-Chief of NeuroImage, also published by Academic Press.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0123582555