The over 10,000 entries in this comprehensive Dictionary of Cell and Molecular Biology provide clear and concise definitions for anyone working in life sciences today. It incorporates related terms from neuroscience, genetics, microbiology, immunology, pathology, and physiology. This fourth revised edition reflects the enormous changes brought about by the explosion of new technologies, especially high throughput approaches and functional genomics. As a result, this edition is over 30% larger than the previous edition, with 3400 new entries. As with the prior edition, additions are reflective of online search queries performed by users of the dictionary. The entries in this authoritative work have been widely praised for their clarity, brevity, and accuracy throughout. The Dictionary of Cell and Molecular Biology features numerous tables and other useful features.
* Thoroughly revised and expanded by over 30% with 3400 new entries
* Expanded coverage of areas greatly impacted by genomics
* Includes new terms that relate to the recent elucidation of underlying mechanisms of cell cycle regulation, apoptosis, relationship between mitochondria and disease, metabolic control, and stem cell biology
* Consistently provides the most complete short definitions of technical terminology for anyone working in life sciences today
* Extensively cross-referenced
* Provides multiple definitions, notes on word origins, and other useful features
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
John Lackie has worked both in academia, as Senior Lecturer in Cell Biology at Glasgow University, and in the pharmaceutical industry, as Director of Yamanouchi's UK Institute in Oxford. Subsequently he became Principal at Westlakes Research Institute and now runs a scientific consultancy from his home in Cumbria.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 2007. Book Condition: Good. This is an ex-library book and may have the usual library/used-book markings inside.This book has soft covers. In good all round condition. Bookseller Inventory # 6006843
Book Description Academic Pr, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: Fair. May include moderately worn cover, writing, markings or slight discoloration. SKU:9780123739865-4-0-3. Bookseller Inventory # 9780123739865-4-0-3
Book Description Academic Press, 2007. Book Condition: very good. Gently used. Expect delivery in 20 days. Bookseller Inventory # 9780123739865-3