This book will serve as an upper division/graduate level textbook or a reference book for practitioners and researchers in Embedded System Design. It is based on a novel methodology (called Platform-Based Design) and toolset (developed at UC Berkeley over the past 15 years) that is foundational in its approach and has demonstrated effectiveness in numerous engineering domains, ranging from integrated circuits to telecommunications to automotive. This book describes a new design science to address the challenges posed by the heterogeneity intrinsic to modern system integration.
* PLATFORM-BASED DESIGN is presented as a design methodology for embedded systems, based on a new design science that tackles major embedded system design problems, by creating a mathematical framework to unify specification, architecture platforms and synthesis.
* Function and architecture are abstracted and refined, breaking down the traditional barriers between computer science, electrical engineering and control theory, giving the reader a unified view of the design process.
* Addresses the interplay of communications, computation, and complexity.
* Approach has been applied successfully in a wide variety of industries, including telecommunications, integrated circuit design, automotive, and aerospace.
* Approach, organization and content are consistent with curriculum reform initiatives ongoing in North America, Europe, and Asia.
* Includes application examples LABS and exercises.
* Companion Website includes LAB software for students (PtolemyII and Metropolis, developed at UC Berkeley over past 15 years), solutions and Powerpoint files for instructors.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want