This six-volume set presents cutting-edge advances and applications of expert systems. Because expert systems combine the expertise of engineers, computer scientists, and computer programmers, each group will benefit from buying this important reference work.
An "expert system" is a knowledge-based computer system that emulates the decision-making ability of a human expert. The primary role of the expert system is to perform appropriate functions under the close supervision of the human, whose work is supported by that expert system. In the reverse, this same expert system can monitor and double check the human in the performance of a task. Human-computer interaction in our highly complex world requires the development of a wide array of expert systems.
* Expert systems techniques and applications are presented for a diverse array of topics including:
* Experimental design and decision support
* The integration of machine learning with knowledge acquisition for the design of expert systems
* Process planning in design and manufacturing systems and process control applications
* Knowledge discovery in large-scale knowledge bases
* Robotic systems
* Geograhphic information systems
* Image analysis, recognition and interpretation
* Cellular automata methods for pattern recognition
* Real-time fault tolerant control systems
* CAD-based vision systems in pattern matching processes
* Financial systems
* Agricultural applications
* Medical diagnosis
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Cornelius T. Leondes received his B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania and has held numerous positions in industrial and academic institutions. He is currently a Professor Emeritus at the University of California, Los Angeles. He has also served as the Boeing Professor at the University of Washington and as an adjunct professor at the University of California, San Diego. He is the author, editor, or co-author of more than 100 textbooks and handbooks and has published more than 200 technical papers. In addition, he has been a Guggenheim Fellow, Fulbright Research Scholar, IEEE Fellow, and a recipient of IEEE's Baker Prize Award and Barry Carlton Award.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Pr, 2001. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 6 pages. 10.75x14.75x3.50 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0124438806
Book Description Academic Press, 2001. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0124438806
Book Description Academic Press, 2001. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0124438806