E-business occurs when a company has established critical business procedures and activities to support e-commerce transactions. Using this definition, e-commerce is part of e-business--a company needs e-commerce to implement e-business. Utilizing e-commerce, however, does not mean that a company has transformed into an e-business. E-business is implemented only when a company changes its internal procedures to take advantage of the e-commerce technologies.
Interest in the evolution ("e-volution") of e-commerce into e-business is a growth field. With the early November announcement that GM and Ford were forming online marketplaces for their suppliers, they placed themselves at the center of new e-business ecosystems that will transform their entire way of doing business. Many firms are increasingly discovering opportunities to move away from simply selling products on the Internet to being able to reinvent their conventional supply chains (as in the auto makers' case) and to being able to offer custom-built products (as Dell Computers does now).
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Many e-business implementations are disappointments or failures. This book provides a road map for implementing and expanding your e-business sucessfully. It presents a step-by-step approach for changing your current business and implementing e-business. It offers over 250 valuable lessons and guidelines for improving performance from firms that have implemented e-business successfully.
This Book Enables the Reader to:
* Implement e-business in 13 specific proven actions
* Implement e-business with reduced risk to your business
* Coordinate e-business implementation with current business
* Use e-business as a means to renew and improve your current business
* Motivate employees to participate in e-business
* Achieve more flexible business processes
* Deal with technical, vendor, process, and other e-business issues
Answers Questions Such as:
* How do you implement e-business without tearing up your company?
* How do you define your new e-business processes and synchronize them with your current business?
* How and with what do you manage outsourcing in e-business?
* How do you measure your e-business implementation and results?
* How do you change your organization to be a spearhead for e-business?
* What is the best way to develop your e-business implementation strategy?
* How do you quickly gather data on the competition and your current business?
* How do you design new business activities that modify your current processes and define e-business?
Bennet Lientz has taught and consulted on project management for the past 28 years to more than 5000 people. He developed the concept of the management critical path, acted as project manager of the Internet, and turned around 10 failing projects. This Second Edition is Lientz' seventh book; he has also written more than 25 articles in various areas of project management.
Kathryn P. Rea is president and founder of The Consulting Edge, Inc., which was established in 1984. The firm specializes in E-Business, process improvement, project management, and financial consulting. Rea has managed more than 65 major technology-related projects internationally. She has advised on and carried out projects in government, engergy, banking and finance, distribution, trading, retailing, transportation, mining, manufacturing, and utilities. She is the author of eight books and more than 20 articles in various areas of information systems and analysis.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Routledge. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0124499775 New. Looks like an interesting title! We provide domestic tracking upon request, provide personalized customer service and want you to have a great experience purchasing from us. 100% satisfaction guaranteed and thank you for your consideration. Bookseller Inventory # M-0124499775
Book Description Routledge, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110124499775
Book Description Routledge, 2016. Paperback. Book Condition: NEW. 9780124499775 This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Print on Demand title, produced to the highest standard, and there would be a delay in dispatch of around 15 working days. Bookseller Inventory # HTANDREE0265494
Book Description Routledge. Book Condition: BRAND NEW. -326pp - This title is now printed on demand - please allow 2-3 weeks added time for shipment! A Brand New Quality Book from a Full-Time Bookshop in business since 1992!. Bookseller Inventory # 1962480
Book Description Routledge, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0124499775
Book Description Routledge, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0124499775