Praised for its appealing writing style and clear pedagogy, Lowe's Quantum Chemistry is now available in its Second Edition as a text for senior undergraduate- and graduate-level chemistry students. The book assumes little mathematical or physical sophistication and emphasizes an understanding of the techniques and results of quantum chemistry, thus enabling students to comprehend much of the current chemical literature in which quantum chemical methods or concepts are used as tools. The book begins with a six-chapter introduction of standard one-dimensional systems, the hydrogen atom, many-electron atoms, and principles of quantum mechanics. It then provides thorough treatments of variation and perturbation methods, group theory, ab initio theory, Huckel and extended Huckel methods, qualitative MO theory, and MO theory of periodic systems. Chapters are completed with exercises to facilitate self-study. Solutions to selected exercises are included.
PLEASE USE THIS COPY FOR PROMO PIECES AS PER JE
* This new edition
* Assumes little mathematical or physical sophistication
* Emphasizes understanding of the techniques and results of quantum chemistry
* Includes improved coverage of time-dependent phenomena, term symbols, and molecular rotation and vibration
* Provides a new chapter on molecular orbital theory of periodic systems
* Features new exercise sets with solutions
* Includes a helpful new appendix that compiles angular momentum rules from operator algebra
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The updated classic now includes worked-out examples in each chapter!About the Author:
By Dr. John P. Lowe and Kirk Peterson
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1993. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 2. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0124575552
Book Description Academic Press, 1993. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0124575552