This comprehensive reference illustrates optimal preparation methods in biological electron microscopy compared with common methodological problems. Not only will the basic methodologies of transmission electron microscopy like fixation, microtomy, and microscopy be presented, but the authors also endeavor to illustrate more specialized techniques such as negative staining, autoradiography, cytochemistry, immunoelectron microscopy, and computer-assisted image analysis.
* Authored by the key leaders in the biological electron microscopy field
* Illustrates both optimal and suboptimal or artifactual results in a variety of electron microscopy disciplines
* Introduces students on how to read and interpret electron micrographs
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Biomedical Electron Microscopy: Illustrated Methods and Interpretations contains over 900 carefully chosen transmission electron micrographs illustrating the variety of methods now available in biomedical electron microscopy. The aim of the book is to assist the reader in interpreting biological electron micrographs and in choosing from among the different prepatory methods. Its high-quality micrographs and accompanying explanations and comments are organized systematically in 20 chapters. Numerous experiments were performed specifically for this volume to compare preparatory procedures on selected tissues. A unique and distinguishing feature of this book is that the methods are presented in such a way that both optimal and artifactual results are illustrated and discussed side-by-side.
* Illustrates current methods in biomedical transmission electron microscopy
* Presents up-to-date techniques in a systematic fashion with over 900 micrographs
* Demonstrates the wide ranges of preparatory results - both optimal and failed
* Compares and evaluates different preparatory procedures on selected tissues
* Contains more illustrations than any other book in biomedical electron microscopy
* Explains micrographs stepwise - from methods to observations to interpretation
* Summarizes hands-on methods in biomedical transmission electron microscopy
Benefits - This book will:
* Improve your ability to interpret biological electron micrographs
* Illustrate to you in one volume the broad range of methods available
* Introduce you to recent advances in biomedical electron microscopy
* Help you to choose from among the variety of preparatory methods
* Assist you in recognizing optimal results, as well as preparatory artifacts
* Inform you of pitfalls in the techniques and how to avoid them
Arvid B. Maunsbach. Aarhus, Denmark. Institute of Anatomy, University of Aarhus, Denmark - Bjorn Afzelius. Stockholm, Sweden. The Arrhenius Laboratories, Stockholm University, Sweden
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1st. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0124806104
Book Description Academic Press, 1998. Hardback. Book Condition: NEW. 9780124806108 548pp., Hardback, This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Bookseller Inventory # HTANDREE01037767
Book Description Academic Press, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0124806104
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801248061081.0
Book Description Academic Press, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110124806104
Book Description Academic Press Inc, 1999. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 548 pages. 11.50x9.00x1.25 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0124806104