Vitamins in Animal Nutrition presents concise, up-to-date information on vitamin nutrition for livestock and poultry; comparisons with vitamin use in human nutrition are also presented. This book describes the basic chemical, metabolic, and functional role of vitamins and vitamin supplementation. A wealth of photographs illustrate the nutritional aspects of vitamin deficiencies and excesses in livestock, along with their concomitant conditions.
This authoritative reference is of interest to professionals in animal nutrition and the livestock industry and is suitable as a graduate-level text on vitamin nutrition in animals.
* First book of its kind
* Offers practical and broad coverage of nutrition as it relates to farm livestock, humans, and laboratory animals
* Clinically identifies and outlines the effects of vitamin excesses and deficiencies in animals and humans
* Emphasizes vitamin supplementation, and vitamin metabolism and function
* Illustrated with numerous photographs
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Features of this book
* the first of its kind
* offers practical and broad coverage of nutrition as it relates to farm livestock, humans, and laboratory animals
* clinically identifies and outlines the effects of vitamin excesses and deficiencies in animals and humans
* emphasizes vitamin supplementation and vitamin metabolism and function
* illustrated with numerous photographs
Dr. Lee R. McDowell is a distinguished scientist in animal nutrition. He is also editor on Nutrition of Grazing Ruminants in Warm Climates (Academic Press, 1985). For the past 23 years, he has been working on animal nutrition studies at the University of Florida and with numerous collaborating animal scientists in Latin America, Africa, Asia, and other areas. He has lectured throughout the world and has collected research data, photographs, and other materials of value for this book. Contact with many of the world's leading nutrition scientists has greatly enriched his expertise.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0124833721 New. Looks like an interesting title! We provide domestic tracking upon request, provide personalized customer service and want you to have a great experience purchasing from us. 100% satisfaction guaranteed and thank you for your consideration. Bookseller Inventory # M-0124833721
Book Description Academic Press, 1989. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0124833721
Book Description Academic Press, 1989. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110124833721