This concise book is intended to fulfill two purposes: to provide an important supplement to classic texts by carrying fluid dynamics students on into the realm of free boundary flows; and to demonstrate the art of mathematical modeling based on knowledge, intuition, and observation. In the authors words, the overall goal is make the complex simple, without losing the essence--the virtue--of the complexity.
Modeling Axisymmetric Flows: Dynamics of Films, Jets, and Drops is the first book to cover the topics of axisymmetric laminar flows; free-boundary flows; and dynamics of drops, jets, and films. The text also features comparisons of models to experiments, and it includes a large selection of problems at the end of each chapter.
* Contains problems at the end of each chapter
* Compares real-world experimental data to theory
* Provides one of the first comprehensive examinations of axisymmetric laminar flows, free-boundary flows, and dynamics of drops, jets, and films
* Includes development of basic equations
* Written in a style suitable for use as a textbook
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1995. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # SONG0124949509