This second edition of the acclaimed Publish It on the Web<$> is for anyone who would like to do more with the Web than just browse. With this entertainingly written, comprehensive book by one of Web publishing's most respected names, you'll learn how to use the Web's resources to create the best Web site you can. This book offers an abundance of invaluable tools for distributing your information via the Web. It covers all of the technical and procedural aspects of Web publishing, including the use of HTML and HTML editors. It also explores multimedia resources, and provides tips and how-to instructions for creating materials such as MPEG and videos, scanned GIF and JPEG images, and Adobe Acrobat documents.
* Easy-to-follow tutorials and exercises for all levels of HTML, with an emphasis on the most popular web standards.
* Using HTML for creating Web pages for Internet or internal intranet publication
* Answers to frequently asked questions such as "How do I create a clickable map?" and "How do I create a transparent GIF graphic?"
* A CD-ROM with the best freeware and shareware programs for Web publishers --the very same programs used in professional Web development studios
* The ultimate HTML cheat sheet, updated with the latest HTML 3.2 tags--an incredibly useful reference once you've mastered the basics
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Bryan Pfaffenberger is the best-selling author of more than 75 books on computers and the Internet including Publish It On The Web! and The Elements of Hypertext Style. Praised for his clear, accessible style, his books have been described as "required reading for any Internet user...", "information-rich but remarkably readable...", and "Fantastic, crisply written, sure-footed." An authority on technical communication and the Internet, Bryan is Associate Professor of Technology, Culture, and Communication at the University of Virginia, and is a nationally recognized expert on the Web, an accomplished Webmaster, and a late-night hyperlink addict.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: BRAND NEW. BRAND NEW. Fast Shipping. Prompt Customer Service. Satisfaction guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # 0125531605BNA
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801255316031.0