Molecular diagnostic procedures have been described in a number of recent books and articles. However, these publications have not focused on virus detection, nor have they provided practical protocols for the newer molecular methods.
Written by the inventors or principal developers of these technologies, Molecular Methods for Virus Detection provides both reviews of individual methods and instructions for detecting virus nucleic acid sequences in clinical specimens. Each procedure includes quality assurance protocols that are often ignored by other methodology books. Molecular Methods for Virus Detection provides clinically relevant procedures for many of the newer diagnostic methodologies.
* Provides state-of-the-art PCR methods for amplification, quantitation, in situ hybridization, and multiplex reactions
* Goes beyond PCR with protocols for 3SR, NASBA, LCR, SDA, and LAT
* Covers important virus detection methods such as in situ hybridization; Southern, dot, and slot blots; branched chain signal amplification; and chemiluminescence
* Includes quality control information crucial in research and clinical laboratories
* Most chapters are written by the inventors and principal developers of the methodologies
* Includes color plates, 77 figures, and 18 tables
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1995. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # SONG0127489207
Book Description Academic Press, 1997. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. spiral-bound edition. 386 pages. 9.50x8.25x1.00 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0127489207
Book Description Academic Press, 1995. Paperback. Book Condition: NEW. 9780127489209 386pp., Paperback, This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Bookseller Inventory # HTANDREE0895416
Book Description Academic Press, 1995. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0127489207
Book Description Academic Press, 1995. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0127489207