This book and CD-ROM compile the most widely applicable methods for solving and approximating differential equations. The CD-ROM provides convenient access to these methods through electronic search capabilities, andtogether the book and CD-ROM contain numerous examples showing the methods use. Topics include ordinary differential equations, symplectic integration of differential equations, and the use of wavelets when numerically solving differential equations.
* For nearly every technique, the book and CD-ROM provide:
* The types of equations to which the method is applicable
* The idea behind the method
* The procedure for carrying out the method
* At least one simple example of the method
* Any cautions that should be exercised
* Notes for more advanced users
* References to the literature for more discussion or more examples, including pointers to electronic resources, such as URLs
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This book is a compilation of the most widely applicable methods for solving and approximating differential equations. It provides convenient access to these methods and contains numerous examples showing their use. Topical coverage includes ordinary differential equations, partial differential equations, stochastic differential equations, delay differential equations, sympletic integration of differential equations, and the use of wavelets when numerically solving differential equations.
This book is an invaluable tool for any student studying differential equations or their applications, and is an excellent addition to the library of any practicing engineer, using differential equations.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1997. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # SONG0127843957