Based on the bestselling texts "Digital Logic and Computer Design" (1972) and "Computer Engineering: Hardware Design" (1988), this text presents the fundamentals of hardware design and integrates state-of-the-art techniques and technologies in an easy-to-understand style with abundant use of examples. Students taking introductory courses in digital logic design, computer engineering, or computer hardware design should find this text useful.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Based on the classic best-selling title Computer Engineering: Hardware Design (1988), this new text presents the fundamentals of hardware design and integrates state-of-the- art techniques and technologies in a smooth, easy-to-understand style with abundant use of examples to build understanding and problem-solving skills. The text provides excellent preparation for courses in contemporary computer architecture and organization that emphasize system-level concepts but present only a cursory treatment of actual hardware design.From the Back Cover:
* Includes a free copy of the Xilinx Student Edition Foundation Series software.
* NEW—Many new sections on VHDL and Verilog—Includes separate discussions dedicated to VHDL or Verilog on: combinational design; sequential circuits; registers; datapaths; multipliers; and more.
* Provides the reader with a basic introduction to either of the two hardware description languages used to design in today's computer industry.
* NEW—125 additional pages on book's website on VHDL and Verilog— Includes additional explanatory material, VHDL and Verilog-based problems, and all source files for VHDL and Verilog examples.
* NEW—40% changed or new problems.
* Gives many opportunities to hone and practice.
* Exceptionally readable.
* A gradual development of logic, design, digital systems, and computer architecture concepts.
* Balanced coverage of both VHDL and Verilog languages.
* Strong connection to real-world technologies—Discusses DRAM technology, field programmable gate arrays, hard disk and I/O technologies including the Universal Serial Bus.
* On-going example of a simple computer system—Illustrates the principal impact of each topic on a PC computer design.
* Stimulates the readers' interest and helps them build a strong understanding by referring to one familiar computer system throughout the book that is used to demonstrate the application of each concept as it is being covered.
* Abundant coverage of programmable logic devices (PDLs)—Includes field programmable gate arrays.
* Introduces growing technology that is becoming a mainstay in digital logic laboratories.
* 25% of chapter problems solutions on website.
* Transparency originals for most figures and tables on Website.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0130555312 RECEIVE IN 2-5 DAYS!!! BRAND NEW BOOK!!!Still in SHRINK WRAP!!! US Edition. Comes With tracking Number! SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!!! @*. Bookseller Inventory # SKU1027464
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2000. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0130555312
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0130555312
Book Description Prentice Hall. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0130555312 Shrink Wrapped!!-Brand New! Fast Shipping! Free USPS Tracking Number. Excellent Customer Service!. Bookseller Inventory # Z0130555312ZN
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801305553111.0
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110130555312
Book Description Prentice Hall. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0130555312 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW4.0044411