Complete, practical guide to making sure your digital files output right the first time, every time. Provides 100 tips and techniques every digital publisher should know. Softcover. DLC: Printing--Data processing.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Get perfect digital output—first time, every time!
STOP! It's a crime to waste time and money on digital output problems, when Dr. Taz Tally can show you exactly how to prevent them. Avoiding the Output Blues is the most complete, practical guide to making sure your digital files output right the first time—every time.
* Why output problems happen—and exactly how to prevent them
* Let 'er RIP with “never-fail” PostScript file prep techniques
* 100 tips and techniques every digital publisher should know
* “Gotchas” and proven solutions for bitmapped, vector, and contone files
* Making sure you get the color and trapping you're looking for
* Top solutions for checking your files in advance
* What you need to know about digital output equipment
* File Formats_Which ones, TIFF, EPS, JPEG, PCX, WMF
* Fonts and type management secrets you should know
* How to set your scanning/image resolution for great output results
Tally romps through the entire digital pre-press landscape, showing you exactly how electronic files are constructed for output, what can go wrong with virtually every type of file—and how to keep it from happening to you. Whether you're a graphic designer, production specialist or pre-press professional, one of these days this book's gonna save your hide.About the Author:
TAZ TALLY, Ph.D., is a nationally known electronic publishing consultant who has designed, installed, and troubleshot electronic publishing systems for companies across North America, from one-person shops to the Fortune 500. Founder of Taz Tally Seminars, he is legendary for his entertaining, content-rich seminars on a wide range of electronic publishing topics, including scanning, Photoshop, prepress, and digital file preparation.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall PTR, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1st. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX013084876X
Book Description Prentice Hall PTR, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 013084876X
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801308487651.0