With an emphasis on systematic vocabulary acquisition, this series includes engaging readings about real people, places, events, and ideas. Students are able to develop the reading skills essential for a solid reading foundation. The series uses carefully controlled sentence structure and targets the high-frequency vocabulary that will get students from the 600- to the 2,000-word level. Features *Pre-reading questions and tasks get students thinking about the topic band introduce relevant vocabulary. *Post-reading exercises help students with comprehension and strengthen such skills as scanning, summarizing, discussion, and writing. *Expansion activities include word families and collocations, word puzzles, and building dictionary skills. *Vocabulary self-tests.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
What’s it like to ...
· visit Antarctica?
· sleep on a bed of ice?
· live the life of a singer/songwriter?
· fall in love with someone from another culture?
Password 1: A Reading and Vocabulary Text, by Linda Butler, helps beginning students develop reading skills and increase their active vocabulary through engaging readings about real people, places, events, and ideas. Students benefit from a systematic, corpus-informed approach to learning more than 500 high-frequency words, expressions, and collocations.
· Target word choices based on analyses of authentic language data in various corpora, including the Longman Corpus network.
· An emphasis on systematic vocabulary acquisition, including recycling of vocabulary.
· Activities that highlight collocations and word grammar.
· Discussion and writing activities reinforce learning.
· Periodic vocabulary self-tests.
· Unit wrap-ups that review vocabulary and practice dictionary skills.
· A Teacher’s Manual with an answer key for all student exercises, six unit tests with answers, and a Quick Oral Review for rapid vocabulary drills.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall College Div, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0131111523
Book Description Prentice Hall College Div, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0131111523
Book Description Prentice Hall College Div, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110131111523
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801311115231.0