The inspiration for a practical handbook of more than 200 instructional strategies from kindergarten to middle school came to the author from a student teach who needed some help coming up with creative lesson plans for her class. She knew the content, but was having trouble with how best to teach it. She is not alone. Lesson planning is an overriding concern for most teachers. How do new teacher create a wealth and breadth of teaching strategies across the curriculum? How do experienced teachers keep their lesson plans fresh and exciting for their students? How do they both keep their students motivated and excited about learning? Strategies for Teaching in the Content Areas was designed to be a resource of research-based, classroom testsed, practical instructional strategies. They are organized according to content areas for easy accessibility and can be used with most grade levels. They have been written to be adaptable across the curriculum, content areas, literature, modalities, and intelligences. The strategies may be used with one student, groups of students, or the class as a whole. It is an ideal resource for pre-service teachers taking their field-work or content area courses, for professional development seminars, or for experienced in-service teachers.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Strategies for Teaching in the Content Areas provides pre-service, in-service, and student teachers a quick reference to over 200 classroom-tested and research-based instructional strategies. These strategies, designed to actively involve students in learning, are organized by content areas for easy accessibility. Readers are also provided with examples of an integrated, cross-content, thematic approach to learning.
· Each chapter:
· Strategies are presented for easy adaptation and implementation across curriculum, content areas , grade levels, literature, modalities, and multiple intelligences.
· Unique coverage of drug-prevention possibilities in light of the drug abuse/addiction pandemic facing our nation is provided in Chapter 7.
· Specific suggestions for differentiating instruction for at-risk as well as English as Second Language Learners (ESL) are embedded within each chapter.
· An Activity Appendix includesdetailed directions for specific instructional strategies presented with multiple applications.
· A Music Appendix includes guidelines for creating song innovations, a list of familiar songs, lyrics for learning literary elements, genre, and an original tune with lyrics for a familiar folktale.
· A Poetry Appendix includes formats for more than 20 types of poetry that are implemented in Strategies for Teaching in the Content Areas.
· A Lesson Planning Appendix includes a Pickle Picnic Reading Plan Format , sample lesson plans, and a lesson plan template.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Pearson, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0131599704
Book Description Pearson, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0131599704
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: BRAND NEW. BRAND NEW. Fast Shipping. Prompt Customer Service. Satisfaction guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # 0131599704BNA
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801315997031.0
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2008. Taschenbuch. Book Condition: Neu. Gebraucht - Sehr gut Unbenutzt. Schnelle Lieferung, Kartonverpackung. Abzugsfähige Rechnung. Bei Mehrfachbestellung werden die Versandkosten anteilig erstattet. - Sehr guter Zustand, UNBENUTZT, schnelle Lieferung inkl. Rechnung mit ausgew. MwSt. 380 pp. Deutsch. Bookseller Inventory # INF1000038762
Book Description Pearson, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110131599704