Ideal for introductory and advanced level courses in computer graphics, desktop publishing and/or web design software applications. THE FIRST TRUE ACADEMIC SERIES FOR GRAPHICS! The Essentials for Design series offers a learning-by-doing approach that encourages students to grasp application related concepts as they expand their skills through hands-on tutorials. The titles offer a clean, easy-to-follow, full color layout with two different levels available. Instructor Resource CD-ROMs include assessments, PowerPoint presentation materials, and additional projects.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Your True Academic Design Series
Hands-on tutorials with a project orientation designed to provide a thorough
knowledge and understanding of graphic design
• Extensive End-of-Chapter Exercises include three levels of reinforcement exercises that emphasize hands-on skill development.
• Portfolio Builder exercises at the end of every chapter require creative problem solving and the application of learned skills. The completed projects can be combined into a portfolio that will impress at job interviews.
• Integrating Projects are designed to reflect real-world graphic design work, drawing on skills learned throughout the text.
• Careers in Design feature offers advice, tips, and resources that will help you on your path to a successful career.
• Full color format throughout!
Your online resource for mastering graphic design
About the Author:
About the Author
Dean Bagley has been writing instructional books about Adobe Illustrator for a number of years. He first began when he wrote about Illustrator’s version 5.0. Dean received his degrees in Speech-English-Education from the University of South Florida in Tampa, Florida. Upon graduation he spent several years teaching English and Speech in secondary schools.
A multi-talented person, Dean has been in the Arts most of his life as a graphic artist, designer, cartoonist, typographer, writer, editor, and publication designer. He spent ten years working as Head of Advertising for his father in his well-known business in the fishing industry, Bagley Bait Company. It was during these years that Dean won both an ADDY Award and a first place award from the Florida Print Industry for the package and catalog design of their monofilament fishing line, Silver Thread.
Also a computer programmer in such languages as BASIC, Pascal, and dBase, Dean found himself in the world of the Internet where creates Web sites, animations and images for use on the Web, using Adobe Illustrator.
Dean also has his own line of children’s books about his cartoon character, Baggy Gator. These stories can be found online at http://baggygator.no-ip.com.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2005. Spiral-bound. Book Condition: New. 2. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0131875574
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801318755791.0