In its seventh edition, Through the Eyes of a Child: An Introduction to Children’s Literature continues to be a visually stunning, theoretically sound, comprehensive overview of children’s literature. It focuses squarely on selecting and evaluating quality literature to share with children and guiding them to appreciate and respond to that literature. This edition features multicultural literature and young adult literature in every chapter, expanded coverage of biographies and informational books and over 100 new children’s titles referenced throughout. A children’s literature CD-ROM accompanies the book and contains bibliographic information for thousands of titles, making it even easier to share quality literature with children and adolescents.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The premier text in the field in an exciting new edition! This text's trademark enthusiastic style, attention to detail, and two-part genre chapters have won it a large and devoted following. Presenting material in accessible, interesting language students respond to, its unique format allows instructors to teach all content, all methods, or any combination of the two that is appropriate for their students. Material focuses on current, proven approaches to teaching such as the literature-based reading approach and the use of literature to encourage children's responses to reading. This text's visual appeal is guaranteed by the use of a wealth of illustrations from favorite full-color children's books in their original colors...and by a fresh, interesting layout featuring the art of real children that keeps students reading and enjoying the process of learning about children's books first page to last.From the Back Cover:
Through the Eyes of a Child: An Introduction to Children’s Literature continues to be a visually stunning, theoretically sound, comprehensive overview of children’s literature. It will prepare you to appreciate, evaluate, and share children’s literature by examining the most important elements of the literature and by addressing the interests and needs of its readers.
No text better prepares you for evaluating, choosing, and sharing quality children’s literature than Through the Eyes of a Child.
· A full chapter, Chapter 3, is devoted to the discussion of evaluating and choosing literature for children.
· Evaluation Criteria boxes in every genre chapter outline exactly what you need to look for in quality literature.
· In-Depth Analysis features take you deep into an exemplary title to help you discover the elements that compose quality literature.
The seventh edition of the text broadens its look at the literature that appeals to and nourishes children and adolescents.
· Every chapter looks at Young Adult Literature, examining the ways to intrigue and nurture young adult readers, to evaluate titles for this audience, and to integrate these quality titles into your teaching.
· The text’s long-known coverage of multicultural literature has been embedded into every chapter to help you integrate and appreciate these titles. Look for the Multicultural Literature logo to find specific coverage in every chapter.
· Because of the increased popularity and quality of nonfiction titles, coverage has been expanded to two chapters: Chapter 11’s Biographies and Chapter 12’s Informational Books.
By incorporating media the 7th edition gives you the tools to stay up to date, do research, and utilize technology to enrich your learning and teaching.
· A Database of Children’s Literature CD-ROM accompanies the text, providing you information on thousands of excellent titles worth sharing with children and adolescents.
· Technology Resource features throughout chapters help you make the most of the media available with the text, providing specific ideas for integrating the technology into teaching.
· A robust Companion Website containing lessons, online activities, self-assessment opportunities and valuable links to literature-related sites gives you the tools to enrich your study of children’s literature.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2006. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0132202964
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2006. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 7. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0132202964
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2006. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0132202964
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2006. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110132202964