The Little Oxford Dictionary of Current English
ISBN 10: 0198611889 / 0-19-861188-9
ISBN 13: 9780198611882
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Publication Date: 1986
Over one million copies of the fifth edition of the Little Oxford Dictionary have been sold since its publication in 1980. This most thorough revision to date features:
· New larger format.
· Far more attractive pages than any other dictionary of its price.
· Great increase in contemporary vocabulary, especially technical and scientific terms. New words include: ageism, aikido, allergenci, futon, privatize, surrogate mother, tofu, user-friendly.
· Different senses of words ordered by frequency of use.
· Abbreviations kept to a minimum.
· Pronunciations given in the International Phonetic Alphabet.
· New appendix on some vexing questions of pronunciation, spelling, plurals, meaning, and grammar (such as all right, decimate, shall/will) added to those on countries and the metric system.
Portions of this page may be (c) 2006 Muze Inc. Some database content may also be provided by Baker & Taylor Inc. Copyright 1995-2006 Muze Inc. For personal non-commercial use only. All rights reserved. Content for books is owned by Baker & Taylor, Inc. or its licensors and is subject to copyright and all other protections provided by applicable law.
Portions of this page may be Copyright VNU Entertainment Media (UK) Ltd., 2006, Georg Lingenbrink GmbH & Co., Tite Live, S.A or Informazioni Editoriali S.p.A. All rights reserved.