Computer software is an essential tool for many statistical modelling and data analysis techniques, aiding in the implementation of large data sets in order to obtain useful results. R is one of the most powerful and flexible statistical software packages available, and enables the user to apply a wide variety of statistical methods ranging from simple regression to generalized linear modelling. Statistics: An Introduction using R is a clear and concise introductory textbook to statistical analysis using this powerful and free software, and follows on from the success of the author's previous best-selling title Statistical Computing.
* Features step-by-step instructions that assume no mathematics, statistics or programming background, helping the non-statistician to fully understand the methodology.
* Uses a series of realistic examples, developing step-wise from the simplest cases, with the emphasis on checking the assumptions (e.g. constancy of variance and normality of errors) and the adequacy of the model chosen to fit the data.
* The emphasis throughout is on estimation of effect sizes and confidence intervals, rather than on hypothesis testing.
* Covers the full range of statistical techniques likely to be need to analyse the data from research projects, including elementary material like t-tests and chi-squared tests, intermediate methods like regression and analysis of variance, and more advanced techniques like generalized linear modelling.
* Includes numerous worked examples and exercises within each chapter.
* Accompanied by a website featuring worked examples, data sets, exercises and solutions:
Statistics: An Introduction using R is the first text to offer such a concise introduction to a broad array of statistical methods, at a level that is elementary enough to appeal to a broad range of disciplines. It is primarily aimed at undergraduate students in medicine, engineering, economics and biology - but will also appeal to postgraduates who have not previously covered this area, or wish to switch to using R.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: New. Softcover Book, Condition: New. 1st Edition. [Please Read Carefully Before Buying] New, This Is An International Edition. Print In Black and White. 342 Pages, Book Cover And ISBN No May Be Different From US Edition. Restricted Sales Disclaimer Wordings Not For Sales In USA And Canada May Be Printed On The Cover Of The Book. Standard Shipping 7-14 Business Days. Expedited Shiping 4-8 Business Days. The Books May Be Ship From Overseas For Inventory Purpose. Bookseller Inventory # 375264
Book Description Book Condition: New. New Softcover International Edition, Printed in Black and White, 342 Pages, Different ISBN, Same Content As US edition, Book Cover may be Different, in English Language. Bookseller Inventory # 24601
Book Description Wiley, 2005. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0470022973
Book Description John Wiley & Sons. Book Condition: New. pp. 342. Bookseller Inventory # 7392246