As electricity generators and process industries are increasingly seeking less expensive fuels for the generation of electricity and process heat, there is an ever-increasing industry-led emphasise on exploring the possibility of utilising opportunity fuels. This book considers a diverse range of opportunity fuels and their application by addressing the following fundamental issues:
* What are the specific fuel properties of these opportunity fuels?
* What are the combustion/conversion characteristics of these fuels fired alone or in combination with conventional fossil fuels?
* How are they best applied in energy settings?
* What are the technical and environmental consequences of their use?
In considering these fuels the book presents detailed updated information on fuel characterization approaches and fuel utilization technologies.
* Explores environmental considerations associated with opportunity fuels, such as, how their utilisation of opportunity fuels can reduce airborne emissions
* Provides professionals in energy generation/energy use industries, a clear definition of fuels of opportunity, evaluates their composition, highlights the modern characteristics, and considers the technologies appropriate for their utilisation in energy applications
* Offers in-depth analysis of opportunity fuel usage, with a strong concentration on the relationship between the combustion processes and subsequent consequences to the structure, reactivity, and related properties of opportunity fuels
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
A blend of new fuel science and engineering with practical applications for the reader
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Grange Books Ltd. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1840134216. Bookseller Inventory # Z1840134216ZN
Book Description Grange Books Ltd, 2001. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX1840134216
Book Description Elsevier Science, 2004. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 1840134216