Britain’s Richard & Judy Add Canadian Novels to Book Club List
Two of ten novels chosen by Richard and Judy for their 2009 reading list are written by Canadian authors.Richard and Judy, the popular talk-show duo and one of the greatest influences on Briton’s reading habits, have selected Andrew Davidson’s The Gargoyle and Steven Galloway’s The Cellist of Sarajevo as part of their book club reads in 2009.
Books featured by Richard and Judy ofter become bestsellers in the UK as exemplified by Kate Mosse’s Labyrinth which after being chosen for the book club in 2006, became Britain’s fastest-selling paperback of all time.
Richard & Judy’s 2009 Book List
- When Will There Be Good News? by Kate Atkinson
- The Luminous Life of Lilly Aphrodite by Beatrice Colin
- The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson
- The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff
- The Cellist of Sarajevo by Steven Galloway
- The Brutal Art by Jesse Kellerman
- Netherland by Joseph O’Neill
- The Bolter by Frances Osborne
- The Suspicions of Mr Whicher by Kate Summerscale
- December by Elizabeth H. Winthrop