Gwyneth Paltrow’s Book Club
Actress Gwyneth Paltrow recommends reading as an inexpensive pastime during the short, dull days of winter. As inspiration, Paltrow asked several of her “best and most literary-minded girlfriends to share their top picks” which she’s posted on her web site Goop.com.
Paltrow says, ” I always like knowing the literary preferences of people. I think it gives a better understanding of their inner life.”
Friends who’ve shared their top book picks include Madonna, who Paltrow states, “rules the world, is a loyal friend and a terrific mother” and super model Christy Turlington, “an amazing friend, mother, and an activist who is pursuing her masters in Public Health at Columbia University”.
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
- Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
- The Sheltering Sky by Paul Bowles
- The Bad Girl by Mario Vargas Llosa
- Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Christy Turlington’s Selections:
- The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner
- The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Don’t forget that Madonna has several books of her own published. Gwyneth Paltrow co-authored Spain…A Culinary Road Trip the companion book to the prime-time public television series Spain…On The Road Again while Christy Turlington published Living Yoga: Creating a Life Practice in 2002.