What the Scots Are Reading – Top 10 Books Borrowed From Scottish Libraries
I’ve recently discovered the televised Inspector Rebus series here in Western Canada on the Knowledge Network and am suitably impressed. That’s why an article on BBC regarding the most-borrowed books from Scottish libraries caught my attention - One of Ian Rankin‘s Inspector Rebus books, The Naming of the Dead tops the list.
The top ten list, released by the Public Lending Right, covers books borrowed from July 2007 to June 2008. Interestingly, American author James Patterson is very popular and holds several positions in the most borrowed list. There’s also a definite fondness for crime fiction.
The top ten Books borrowed in Scotland are:
- The Naming of the Dead by Ian Rankin
- The Overlook by Michael Connelly
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
- At Risk by Patricia Cornwell
- Cross by James Patterson
- Judge and Jury by James Patterson & Andrew Gross
- The Quickie by James Patterson & Michael Ledwidge
- Death’s Door by Quintin Jardine
- Echo Park by Michael Connelly
- The 6th Target by James Patterson