Oddest Title of the Year – Voting Ends Friday!
If you haven’t yet voted on the Bookseller/Diagram Prize for Oddest Title of the Year there’s still time! The poll is open until Friday, March 27.
The nominees for the 2008 prize are:
- Baboon Metaphysics by Dorothy L Cheney and Robert M Seyfarth
- Curbside Consultation of the Colon by Brooks D Cash
- The Large Sieve and its Applications by Emmanuel Kowalski
- Strip and Knit with Style by Mark Hordyszynski
- Techniques for Corrosion Monitoring by Lietai Yang
- The 2009-2014 World Outlook for 60-milligram Containers of Fromage Frais by Professor Philip M Parker
The Prize for Oddest Title of the Year began in 1978 at the Frankfurt Book Fair when publisher Bruce Robertson added it to the venue for entertainment value. The next year, Horace Bent, the diarist of British literary magazine The Bookseller organized the event.
You can cast your vote at http://www.thebookseller.com/