10 Reasons Why Book Club is Like Church
10. Half the participants are lonely old women, the other half are just there for the wine.
9. There’s always one member who not only falls asleep, they snore.
8. Miss a few meetings, and they make you feel like you’re going to Hell.
7. When interpretations vary, arguments follow.
6. Audible farts are inexplicably hilarious.
5. New members = potential mates.
4. No one’s ever finished the book/The Book.
3. Donations are strongly encouraged, willfully withheld.
2. You’re too chickensh*t to admit that you thought the book/The Book was boring.
1. They keep promising you an author appearance, but in the end…nope.