Read like the rich: Summer reading picks from J.P. Morgan
The Wall St. Journal featured a summer reading list produced by J.P. Morgan Private Bank for their richest and most elite clients.
1. On the Brink: Inside the Race to Stop the Collapse of the Global Financial System by Henry M. Paulson Jr.
2. Life is What You Make It: Find Your Own Path to Fulfillment by Peter Buffett.
3. The Facebook Effect: The Inside Story of the Company that is Connecting the World by David Kirkpatrick.
4. Written in Water: Messages of Hope for Earth’s Most Precious Resource by Irena Salina.
5. Mark Twain: Man in White: The Grand Adventure of His Final Years by Michael Shelden.
6. BlackBerry: The Inside Story of Research in Motion by Rod McQueen.
7. The Principle of Thai Cookery by Chef McDang.
8. Pops: A Life of Louis Armstrong by Terry Teachout.
9. Henri Cartier-Bresson: The Modern Century by Peter Galassi.
10. Fine Wines: The Best Vintages Since 1900 by Michel Dovaz.
To create the list, JPM bankers from around the world submitted more than 450 nonfiction books for consideration. A committee then chose the top 10, based on each tome’s ability to “capture the essence of our clients’ personal and professional lives.”
… And if you want to build a library like the Rich and Famous AbeBooks picked out a few gems