2011 BC Book Prizes Finalists Announced
The nominations for the 2011 BC Book Prizes have been announced. For the past eight years, AbeBooks has been a sponsor of the prizes, in the Hubert Evans Award for Non-fiction category.
This year’s non-fiction category looks particularly fascinating, including both Douglas Coupland (an author upon whom I have something of a literary crush) and John Vaillant (whose previous book, The Golden Spruce was fascinating – I can’t recommend it enough), as well as Morris Bates and Jim Brown, Sarah Leavitt and Derek Lundy.
Here’s the non-fiction:
• Morris Bates and Jim Brown, Morris as Elvis: Take a Chance on Life
• Douglas Coupland, Marshall McLuhan (Viking Canada)
• Sarah Leavitt, Tangles: A Story about Alzheimer’s, My Mother, and Me (Freehand Books)
• Derek Lundy, Borderlands: Riding the Edge of America (Knopf Canada)
• John Vaillant, The Tiger: A True Story of Vengeance and Survival (Knopf Canada)