Orange Prize Shortlist 2011
Celebrating its 16th anniversary this year, the Orange Prize showcases excellence, originality and accessibility in women’s writing throughout the world. Today, its shortlist was announced:
– Room by Emma Donoghue
– The Memory of Love by Aminatta Forna
– Grace Williams Says it Loud by Emma Henderson
– Great House by Nicole Krauss
– The Tiger’s Wife by Téa Obreht
– Annabel by Kathleen Winter
The winner will be announced at an award ceremony on 8 June 2011.
I think it’s only fair to mention that Canadian-based writer Kathleen Winter used to write scripts for Sesame Street and should win the prize for that fact alone.