1. What was the name of Captain Flint's ship in Treasure Island?
2. In The Voyage of the Dawn Treader what vessel did Reepicheep use when departing Caspian’s crew near the end of the story?
3. In Richard Burton’s The Book of One Thousand and One Nights (Arabian Nights), how many voyages did Sinbad the Sailor undertake?
4. In William Brinkley’s The Last Ship, what is the name of the destroyer left to wander the oceans after a nuclear war?
USS Anderson James
USS Frank James
USS Henry James
USS Nathan James
5. In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex by Nathaniel Philbrick recounts the tale of a crew attempting to survive in a small lifeboat, but why did the Essex sink?
It hit a reef
It was rammed by a whale
It collided with another whaleship
It caught fire
6. What was the name of Wolf Larson's sealing schooner in Jack London's The Sea Wolf?
7. Where was Herman Melville, the author of Moby Dick, born?
New Bedford, Massachusetts
The Bronx in New York
8. What is the name of the seaside town terrorized by Jaws?
9. John Steinbeck’s debut novel, Cup of Gold, was loosely based upon the life of which buccaneer?
Calico Jack Rackham
10. Alistair Maclean's debut novel was...
Other AbeBooks quizzes to test your literary knowledge:
By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
Copyright © 1996 - 2013, AbeBooks Inc. or its affiliates. AbeBooks, AbeBooks.com, and "Because You Read" are registered trademarks with the Registered US Patent & Trademark Office.