At AbeBooks we know textbooks aren’t the only thing students need to save on. Buying your used textbooks online can save money, but what about everything else? Food, laundry, and clothes add up and before you know it you’re heading home with a much smaller bank account.
Check out our pages and find books on living on a small budget and many other subjects, including plenty of used copies, right here. Whether you're starving and need help in the kitchen, suffering from overindulgence and need a hangover cure or heading abroad and need advice on how to travel cheap – you've come to the right place.
To get you started here are some savings tips to start on and don’t forget to check out our other pages to help you save.
Housing and textbooks and tuition, oh my! Getting an education is expensive. If your piggy bank is empty, don't worry, we have some foolproof ways to save a little money while at school.
- Find a friend who lives off campus with their parents, resist the urge to make fun of them for still living at home, and make friends. Get invited over weekly for Sunday dinner and fatten up for the lean week to come
- Buffets and Tupperware containers and a good sleight of hand when the waiters aren't looking
- Cooking in batches for freezer meals/make one big meal on Monday and ride it for the rest of the week
- Watch for sales, and then buy lots and freeze
- Learn to love hummus
- Shop at discount and thrift stores, and learn to sew so they fit properly. Worst case scenario? Use a stapler, packing tape or glue gun to hem those $10 dress pants
- Pre-drink before going out clubbing
Looking for more ways to save? Check out our other Student Lifestyle pages:
Other Textbook Links
- Tips for Buying Textbooks
- Free Shipping
- Guide to Textbooks
- Teachers' Editions
- College Textbooks
- Sell Your Books
- Student Lifestyle
- Study Guides
- Best Universities
- Newsletter Archives
- Textbooks in the Press
- Textbook Glossary