Content Area Reading and Writing: Fostering Literacies in Middle and High School Cultures
ISBN 13: 9780130184559
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Publication Date: 2004
Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed:
This theory-based, strategy-driven approach to teaching content area and secondary reading keeps an eye on the cultural issues affecting secondary students while emphasizing reflective practice to promote the most effective teaching. Chapters on assessment, motivation, struggling readers, aligning standards with strategies and assessment, and a constant focus on diversity set this text apart. Frequent opportunities for readers to apply the concepts they are learning help to make this a truly informative text.SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Step-by-Step features, which precisely explain a strategy's implementation.
- Plenty of simple and effective strategies for assessing and addressing students` reading capabilities.
- A strong focus on standards that shows beginning teachers how to integrate literacy goals with content standards.
- An abundance of student work samples to fully illustrate chapter concepts, strategies, and effective teaching.
- A Companion Wesite, available at www.prenhall.com/unrau, containing self-assessments, web links, and classroom video footage to round out content comprehension.
Content Area Reading and Writing: Fostering Literacies in Middle and High School Cultures: Search Results
Quantity Available: 11
Book Description: Prentice Hall. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0130184551 new book, never used, multiple copies. slight cover wear due to storage. same or next day shipping!!!. Bookseller Inventory # SKU0051080
Quantity Available: 1
Quantity Available: 1
Quantity Available: 3
Portions of this page may be (c) 2006 Muze Inc. Some database content may also be provided by Baker & Taylor Inc. Copyright 1995-2006 Muze Inc. For personal non-commercial use only. All rights reserved. Content for books is owned by Baker & Taylor, Inc. or its licensors and is subject to copyright and all other protections provided by applicable law.
Portions of this page may be Copyright VNU Entertainment Media (UK) Ltd., 2006, Georg Lingenbrink GmbH & Co., Tite Live, S.A or Informazioni Editoriali S.p.A. All rights reserved.