ISBN 10: 0130337765 / 0-13-033776-5
ISBN 13: 9780130337764
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Publication Date: 2001
Editorial Reviews for this title:
For undergraduate students taking a Microcontroller or Microprocessor course, frequently found in electrical engineering and computer engineering curricula. This text provides the reader with fundamental assembly language programming skills, an understanding of the functional hardware components of a microcontroller, and skills to interface a variety of external devices with microcontrollers.
This book is written for an undergraduate microcontroller or microprocessor course and can be adopted easily by engineers who want to learn the subject on their own. The entire book was designed to help students achieve the following three goals:
- fundamental assembly language programming skills,
- functional hardware knowledge of microcontroller components, and
- skills to interface a variety of external devices with microcontrollers.
- Significant tutorial and background information included in each chapter
- Balance between theory and applications
- Motivational mobile robot-based laboratory exercises integrated into each chapter
- Extensive coverage of the 68HC12 fuzzy logic controller
- In-depth presentation of the 68HC12 memory technologies and memory expansion techniques
- Numerous examples of interfacing the 6SHC12 with external devices
- Large number of homework problems categorized by level of difficulty
- Includes a CD-ROM with P&E Microcomputer Systems, Inc. software, along with all code examples from the book. The software package includes the WinIDE Environment and Editor, 68HC12 Assembler, Terminal Emulator Program, and the 68HC12 CPU Simulator.
From the Back Cover
Editorial reviews may belong to another edition of this title.