Machine Elements in Mechanical Design
ISBN 13: 9780130618856
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Publication Date: 2004
Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed:
Machine Elements in Mechanical Design provides a practical approach to designing machine elements in the context of complete mechanical designs. Extensive updating for the fourth edition includes new photographs of commercially available machine components, new design data for some elements, new or revised standards, new end-of-chapter references, and listings of Internet sites.Strengths of this text include:
- The three-part structure that was introduced in the third edition has been maintained.
- Part I focuses on reviewing and upgrading readers' understanding of design philosophies, the principles of strength of materials, the design properties of materials, combined stresses, design for different types of loading, and the analysis and design of columns.
- Part II is organized around the design of a complete power transmission system, emphasizing the interrelationships among machine elements in addition to their unique characteristics. Included are belt drives, chain drives, gears, shafts, keys, couplings, seals, rolling contact bearings, and completion of the design of a power transmission.
- Part III presents methods of analysis and design of plain surface bearings, linear motion elements, fasteners, springs, machine frames, bolted connections, welded joints, electric motors, controls, clutches, and brakes.
- A CD-ROM for the mechanical design software MDESIGN is included with each book. This powerful software enables users to quickly complete the design of many of the machine elements discussed in the book.
- Extensive lists of Internet sites and references at the end of each chapter assist readers in accessing additional information about the concepts presented in this book and in finding data for commercially available products that can be applied to designs.
- Computer spreadsheets facilitate the design and analysis of many machine elements.
- The Big Picture, You Are the Designer, and Objectives features help readers draw on their own experiences and appreciate what competencies they will acquire from the study of each chapter.
Machine Elements in Mechanical Design: Search Results
Quantity Available: 1
Book Description: Softcover. Book Condition: New. Brand new International Edition written in english. Soft Cover, Paper Back. Occasionally, international textbooks will different exercises at the end of chapters. DOES NOT COME ACCESS CODE/CD/ or other SUPPLEMENTS, PLEASE EMAIL US FOR DETAILS. Some book may show some sales disclaimer word such as "Not for Sale or Restricted in US" on the cover page but it is absolutely legal to use in USA or Canada. We do not sell low-cost Indian version book. Ship from Multiple Locations, including Malaysia and Singapore. Shipping should take from 3-5 business days within US, Canada, UK, and other EU countries, 2-3 business days within Australia, New Zealand and Japan; for faster processing time, please select Expedite Shipping. No PO BOX/APO/FPO address please. Bookseller Inventory # 9780130618856
Quantity Available: 2
Portions of this page may be (c) 2006 Muze Inc. Some database content may also be provided by Baker & Taylor Inc. Copyright 1995-2006 Muze Inc. For personal non-commercial use only. All rights reserved. Content for books is owned by Baker & Taylor, Inc. or its licensors and is subject to copyright and all other protections provided by applicable law.
Portions of this page may be Copyright VNU Entertainment Media (UK) Ltd., 2006, Georg Lingenbrink GmbH & Co., Tite Live, S.A or Informazioni Editoriali S.p.A. All rights reserved.