Editorial Reviews for this title:
For Art Appreciation, Art for Non-Majors, and Introduction to Art.Introducing students to the theory, practice, and history of art--and emphasizing art's impact on everyday life--Artforms is known for its accurate color reproductions, clean design, and meticulous editing style. Newest co-author, Patrick Frank, brings expertise in Modern and contemporary art, Islamic art and architecture and Latin American art. The Seventh Edition now builds a bridge to the digital world with a CD-ROM containing feature artist interviews included free with each copy of the text.
To further the student's sense of process, we have also prepared a Prentice Hall exclusive Companion We6siteT` that accompanies ARTFORMS, seventh edition. This CW offers unique tools and support that make it easy for students and instructors to integrate this online study guide with the text. The site is a comprehensive resource that is organized according to the chapters within the text and features a variety of learning and teaching modules:
- Study Guide Modules that contain a variety of exercises and features designed to help students with self-study. These modules include:
- chapter objectives that help students organize key concepts to be learned
- essay questions that help strengthen critical thinking skills
- quizzes with multiple-choice and fill-in questions that supply instant scoring and feedback on student mastery of core material
- built-in email routing option that gives students the ability to forward essay responses and quizzes to their instructors.
- Reference Modules that contain Web Destinations and Net Search options provide the opportunity to expand upon the information presented in the text. Whether through a directory of websites relevant to the subject matter of a chapter or by simplifying key-term searching by automatically inserting terms from the chapter into major search engines, these reference features enable students to quickly reach related information on the web.
- Communication Modules include tools such as Live Chat and Message Boards to facilitate online collaboration and communication.
- Personalization Modules include our enhanced Help feature that contains a test page for browsers and plug-ins.
- The Faculty Module includes resources for teaching. This may include Lecture Hints, Class Activities, and graphics from text, all coordinated to each chapter. This module is accessed via a password provided by your local Prentice Hall representative.
- The Syllabus Manager™ tool provides an easy-to-follow process for creating, posting, and revising a syllabus online that is accessible from any point within the companion website. This resource allows instructors and students to communicate both inside and outside of the classroom at the click of a button.
The Companion Website™ makes integrating the Internet into your course exciting and easy. Join us online at the address above and enter a new world of teaching and learning possibilities and opportunities.
An interactive CD-ROM accompanies the text, and consists of 6 interviews with artists. Each gives personal insight into the process they used to create artworks that are discussed in ARTFORMS.
From the Back Cover
Editorial reviews may belong to another edition of this title.