Basic Conducting Techniques
ISBN 13: 9780131121089
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Publication Date: 2003
Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed:
The Fifth Edition of Basic Conducting Techniques provides sound, practical, hands-on procedures, techniques, guidance, and materials for the beginning conducting class. Joseph A. Labuta, an experienced musician and educator, employs a broad repertory of musical excerpts and scores, most reduced to four-part format, which enables students to work with an ensemble of class members to practice conducting and rehearsal techniques at each class meeting.
- Along with each carefully selected example from music literature are specific instructions keyed to the text, identifying conducting problems the student must master to develop conducting skills.
- Excerpts include orchestral materials, band scores, as well as choral music excerpts, choral scores, and choral rehearsal techniques.
- Modular format for self-paced learning; provisions for ongoing student evaluation, including rating scales, checklists, and analytical guides.
- Alternate approaches for use of the materials provided to the instructor.
New to the Fifth Edition:
- Transposed parts for the musical excerpts in Part III.
- Examples of score analysis for students to use as models.
- More detail and elaboration of instruction preceding the excerpts.
- A Mastery section for challenge and evaluation.
- Additional photographs to clarify and model techniques.
Basic Conducting Techniques: Search Results
Labuta, Joseph A.
Quantity Available: 1
Labuta, Joseph A.
Quantity Available: 3
Portions of this page may be (c) 2006 Muze Inc. Some database content may also be provided by Baker & Taylor Inc. Copyright 1995-2006 Muze Inc. For personal non-commercial use only. All rights reserved. Content for books is owned by Baker & Taylor, Inc. or its licensors and is subject to copyright and all other protections provided by applicable law.
Portions of this page may be Copyright VNU Entertainment Media (UK) Ltd., 2006, Georg Lingenbrink GmbH & Co., Tite Live, S.A or Informazioni Editoriali S.p.A. All rights reserved.