Word by Word Basic Picture Dictionary
ISBN 13: 9780131482258
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Publication Date: 2005
Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed:
Word by Word Basic Picture Dictionary, Second Edition, by Steven J. Molinsky and Bill Bliss, is the only truly communicative vocabulary development program. Word by Word Basic is famous worldwide for its ease-of-use, lively spirit, and active conversational approach. The program's unique interactive methodology makes vocabulary learning come alive as a dynamic, communicative experience!
Outstanding features of the second edition:
- Vibrant illustrations and simple accessible lesson pages with large type are designed for clarity and ease-of-use with learners at low-beginning and literacy levels. Word by Word Basic is the most learner-friendly picture dictionary.
- More than 2,500 essential words prepare students for success using English in everyday life, in the community, in school, and at work.
- A careful research-based sequence of lessons integrates students’ development of grammar and vocabulary skills through topics that begin with the immediate world of the student and progress to the world at large.
- Expanded discussion questions encourage students to relate vocabulary topics to their own lives, experiences, and opinions.
Innovative supplements provide effective instructional tools for teachers and multilevel options for students:
- The Teacher’s Guide and Lesson Planner with CD-ROM includes lesson-planning suggestions, community tasks, Internet web links, and reproducible masters.
- A Vocabulary Workbook feature motivating vocabulary, grammar, and listening practice (Audio CDs included).
- A Lifeskills Workbook provides standards-based activities and reading tied to major curriculum frameworks.
- A Literacy Workbook offers fundamental practice with the alphabet and basic reading and writing skills for pre-Beginners (Audio CD included).
- The Audio Program includes all words and conversations for interactive practice and — as bonus material — an expanded selection of WordSongs for entertaining vocabulary practice through music.
- Color Transparencies and Vocabulary Game Cards are ideal picture resources for introducing, practicing, and reviewing vocabulary.
- The Testing Program and ExamView CD-ROM provide effective tools for assessment of student progress.
- Bilingual Editions are also available.
Word by Word Basic Picture Dictionary: Search Results
Molinsky, Steven J.;Bliss, Bill
Quantity Available: 1
Portions of this page may be (c) 2006 Muze Inc. Some database content may also be provided by Baker & Taylor Inc. Copyright 1995-2006 Muze Inc. For personal non-commercial use only. All rights reserved. Content for books is owned by Baker & Taylor, Inc. or its licensors and is subject to copyright and all other protections provided by applicable law.
Portions of this page may be Copyright VNU Entertainment Media (UK) Ltd., 2006, Georg Lingenbrink GmbH & Co., Tite Live, S.A or Informazioni Editoriali S.p.A. All rights reserved.